T&Cs for - Australia Online Travelex Rate Advantage (TRA)
- TRA costs $10 AUD and is available with any cash purchase made via the Travelex Limited (Australia) website at www.Travelex.com.au.
- TRA is subject to these Terms and Conditions and by purchasing TRA You agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- TRA gives You an opportunity to obtain a “Special Margin” when You sell foreign currency to, Travelex Limited. By using TRA, You have the opportunity to enjoy a margin of 2% on top of the Cover Rate on the day of the transaction for US Dollar, Euro, Great British Pound, New Zealand Dollar and Japanese Yen and a margin of 3% for all other currencies.
( the “Special Margin”) instead of the standard “Instore Customer Rate” on that day.
4. TRA works as follows:
i. When You want to exchange foreign currency which You have earlier purchased from Travelex, present Your TRA Voucher (“Voucher”) which You will have received when collecting Your currency from any Travelex store in Australia.
ii. You can exchange any currency listed on the Voucher to the value presented on the Voucher into Australian dollars for which You can obtain the “Special Margin”.
iii. A single Voucher can account for up to 3 different currencies. If there are more than 3 currencies the relevant retail staff will complete a second Voucher for You.
iv. Travelex will buy that Relevant Currency as set out in the Voucher and instead of applying our standard Instore Customer Rate, we will apply an exchange rate calculated using the (Cover Rate plus the Special Margin) applying on that day for that transaction involving the Relevant Currency (subject to these terms and conditions).
v. In addition, the exchange transaction where You use the TRA to obtain the Special Margin will be commission free.
5. TRA cannot be redeemed for a greater amount than the initial transaction. The maximum amount of currency for which You can obtain the Special Margin upon will be set out in Your TRA Voucher
6. TRA will be valid for up to 3 months from the date on the Voucher. You may not transfer any of Your rights or obligations in connection with TRA.
7. TRA is available on all foreign currencies available for sale or purchase from the relevant Travelex retail store in Australia at the relevant time
8. TRA can only be redeemed on a single transaction (but this can include multiple currencies).
9. Travelex reserves the right to withdraw or restrict the availability of TRA or change the terms and conditions at its discretion and without prior notice to You. This will not affect the terms on which a TRA was supplied to You previously.
10. This TRA is not available for IN STORE currency orders and can only be used for ONLINE currency orders made on www.Travelex.com.au.
Definitions of terms used:
In these terms and conditions:
Travelex, We, Our and Us means Travelex Limited ABN 36 004 179 953.
You and Your means the customer.
Market Rate means, on any business day, and for a Relevant Currency the “Bid” (where Travelex is selling currency) or “Ask” (where Travelex is purchasing currency) rate for the Relevant Currency selected by Travelex from those displayed by Reuters between the hours of 7.00 am and 9.00 am AEST pm that business day. Travelex reserves the right to update the Market Rate used in the case of a significant movement in the Bid or Ask rate displayed by Reuters on the relevant day. [Cover Rate means, Market rate plus the sourcing and transporting costs of the physical cash.