TRAVELEX “CHRISTMAS PRIZE DRAW” PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoter is Travelex Limited (ABN 36 004 179 953) of Level 28, 20 Bond St, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia (“Promoter”).
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- Entries into the promotion open at 12.00am AEDT on 03/12/18 and close at 11.59pm AEDT on 13/01/19 (“Promotional Period”).
- To be eligible to enter, individuals must purchase AUD$1,000 or more of foreign currency, by exchange or by or loading currency onto a Travelex Money card, at a Travelex store in Australia (including the online store but excluding any Travelex stores in arrival terminals at all airports located in Australia) during the Promotional Period.
- To enter, individuals must then visit response.travelex.com.au/winasantatrip, follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details including their first name, last name, email address, mobile phone number and date of birth and submit the fully completed entry form during the Promotional Period. Entries will be awarded according to the amount of foreign currency purchased (in AUD), as follows:
- $1000-1499 = 1 entry
- $1500-1999 =2 entries
- $2000-2499 = 3 entries
- $2500-2999 = 4 entries
- $3000+ = 5 entries
- Only one (1) entry submission is permitted per person during the Promotional Period. For the avoidance of doubt, an entrant will receive a maximum of five (5) entries into the promotion if they make the requisite purchase as outlined above during the Promotional Period.
- Entrants must retain a copy of their purchase receipt as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of an entrant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to a prize. The purchase receipt must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the promotional period but prior to entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received each week of the Promotional Period, for a total of six (6) draws (“Weekly Draws”). Entries close for each draw at 11:59pm AEDT on the dates specified in the table below. All draws will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 at 10:00am AEDT on the dates specified in the table below. Un-drawn entries in each Weekly Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Weekly Draws. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the relevant draw and published on travelex.com.au/winasantatrip from the dates specified in the table below.
Weekly Draw One
Weekly Draw Two
Weekly Draw Three
Weekly Draw Four
Weekly Draw Five
Weekly Draw Six
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn in each weekly draw will win that entrant (“Participant”) a Travelex Travel Money card loaded with AUD$500 and the opportunity to play a contingency game (“the Game”) for the chance to win a trip for four (4) people to Santa’s Village in Lapland, Finland (“Major Prize”) valued at up to AU$20,000 depending on date and point of departure.
- The Major Prize includes:
- Four (4) x return economy airfares from winner's nearest capital city (if winner resides in Australia) to Finland;
- Five (5) nights twin share 4-star accommodation at Santa Clause Village Hotel or any hotel available that is equal to or of lesser value;
- An activity experience package for Santa’s Village in Lapland and/or Euros dollars to the combined value of $3000 AUD
The following conditions apply to the Major Prize: Additional spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken by 31/12/2021 and is subject to booking and flight availability. The winner and his/her companions must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The Winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travelex Travel Money card are not included. Any unused balance of the Travelex Travel Money card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the Travelex Travel Money card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the Travelex Travel Money card.
- The Game will take place at Level 28 20 Bond Street Sydney, 2000 on 22/02/2019 at 1pm AEDT. In order to participate in the Game, if a drawn Participant resides outside of NSW he/she will receive one return economy airfare from his/her nearest capital city (if the Participant resides in Australia) to Sydney, NSW and one night accommodation valued at up to $1000. If a drawn Participant resides within NSW, the Participant will be responsible for transport to and from the Game. Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature (including but not limited to in-room charges) and all other ancillary costs are not included. Participants must be available to play the game in person. If a Participant cannot attend the Game, that Participant will forfeit the Game element of the prize and there will be no substitute offered for this element of the prize.
- There will be six (6) numbered Christmas baubles on display at the start of the Game. One (1) Christmas bauble will contain a promotional message representing the Major Prize. The other five (5) Christmas baubles will contain no promotional message. Each Participant/proxy/representative (“Attendee”) must choose only one (1) Christmas bauble without touching, handling or interfering in any way with any of the other Christmas baubles on display. If any Attendee is found to have breached this condition, he/she will be disqualified. Attendees will be directed to select a Christmas bauble in the order in which the Participants were drawn, with the Participant from Weekly Draw One going first, and so on. If one of the Attendees selects the Christmas bauble containing the promotional message representing the Major Prize then, subject to verification by the judges, that drawn Participant will win the Major Prize. The winner of the Game is required to claim the Major Prize within three months of the date of the Game by liaising with the Promoter and booking their flight to Finland.
- Each drawn Participant’s odds of winning the Major Prize, are 1 in 6.The odds of being drawn as a Participant may be significantly higher than the odds of the drawn Participant winning the Major Prize, and will depend upon the number of entries received in each Weekly Draw.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is up to $29,000 AUD.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- A draw for any unclaimed Weekly Draw prizes may take place on 05/02/19 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The first valid entry drawn and successfully contacted by phone and in writing will win the Weekly Draw prize. If the unclaimed Weekly Draw winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours, the Promoter will contact the next drawn winner until a Weekly Draw prize winner is determined. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published on travelex.com.au/winasantatrip from 09/05/19.
- A draw for the Major Prize, if won in the Game but unclaimed, may take place on 24/05/19 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The draw will be comprised of the five (5) non-winning Participants from the original Game. The winner (if any) will be notified by telephone and email within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published at travelex.com.au/winasantatrip by 31/05/19.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use or taking of a prize or participation in a prize.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/29917 ACT Permit No. TP18/02275 SA Permit No. T18/2069