Back from overseas with leftover JPY?
Why Sell your Leftover Japanese Yens to Travelex?
We have 180+ stores across Australia that will buy your leftover JPY bank notes, with the exception of old or damaged notes. Have any other leftover foreign currency notes? We buy 50+ FX currencies – even rare ones such as Icelandic krona and Bermuda dollars!
How to Sell Foreign Currency to Travelex
Simply follow the steps below to sell your JPY back to Travelex:
- Take your foreign currency banknotes into any of our 180+ Travelex stores across Australia.
- Our friendly staff will inform you of the buy rate for the Japanese yen (the rate we will buy your foreign currency at).
- Exchange your leftover JPY notes and leave with a little more AUD in your wallet!
What is your Japanese Yen Buy Rate?
This changes daily due to fluctuating exchange rates, and differs at each Travelex store. Please contact your nearest Travelex store for the current JPY buy rate.
Do you Buy JPY Coins?
No, unfortunately we do not accept any foreign coins; however, there are plenty of things you can do with your leftover JPY coins!
- Give them to charity - UNICEF’s Coins for Kids is a charity that collects leftover FX coins. The funds then go towards a number of great initiatives such as providing clean drinking water, much-needed vaccines, food, school books and stationary. Click here to find out more. Many airlines and airports also have collection boxes or envelopes where you can donate your coins to charity.
- Save them for another trip - if you think you (or friends or family!) may be visiting a destination where they can use US coins, save them for your next trip.
- Keep them as mementos from your trip – it’s a fun way of remembering all the destinations you’ve visited!