TRAVELEX “WIN - CHOOSE YOUR OWN EUROPEAN ADVENTURE” PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoter for the Travelex “Win - Choose Your Own European Adventure” promotion (“Promotion”) is Travelex Limited (ABN 36 004 179 953) of Suite 45.01, Level 45, 25 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia and Travelex Financial Services NZ Limited (Company Number 115663) of Level 14 Augusta House, 19 Victoria Street, Auckland 1010 New Zealand (collectively referred to as “Promoter”).
- Gate 7 Pty Ltd (ABN 13 082 107 088) of The Commons, 388 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (“Gate 7”)
- Explore Worldwide Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 52 665 224 67) of Unit D/107 Alfred St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006 ("Explore Worldwide”)
- Information on how to enter and the Prize(s) (defined below) form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over who are able to take the Prize during the dates listed below (“Entrant(s)”).
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Gate 7, Explore Worldwide, and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child, or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister, or 1st cousin.
- Entry into the Promotion will open at 9:00AM AEDT on 15 February 2024 and will close at 11.59PM AEST on 30 April 2024 (“Promotional Period”).
- To be eligible to enter and receive one (1) automatic entry into the draw (“Entry”), individuals must, during the Promotional Period, sign up to the Travelex mailing list by completing either of the following steps:
(a) visit Travelex’s online website at https://www.travelex.com.au/ or https://www.travelex.co.nz/, locate the “Join Our Mailing List” button, click “Subscribe” and input the requested details (including their full name, email address and state); or
(b) visit any Australian or New Zealand Travelex store, make a purchase and at the time of choosing whether to receive an e-receipt or not, the entrant must verbally consent to the staff member that they wish to become a subscriber of Travelex’s mailing list and provide the staff member with the requested details.
9. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
10. Existing subscribers are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the Entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete entries, as determined by the Promoter in its sole and absolute discretion, will be deemed invalid. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that their contact details are correct and up to date.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
- The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, G13, 3 Amy Close, Wyong NSW 2259, Australia at 10:00AM AEST on 15 May 2024, in the presence of an independent scrutineer. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid Entry or ineligible Entrant is drawn. The winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published online at https://www.travelex.com.au/ and https://www.travelex.co.nz/ on 22 May 2024.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be two (2) prizes in total (“Prize(s)”), consisting of a Main Prize being a holiday for two (2) adults (“Main Prize”) and one (1) runner up Prize being a Travel Voucher (“Runner Up Prize”).
- The first valid Entry drawn (“Main Prize Winner”) will win the Main Prize. The Main Prize is one (1) European Tour trip with Explore Worldwide for two (2) adults aged 18 years or older valued at up to AUD$18,000 (based on the recommended retail value and depending on the date and point of departure). The Main Prize winner will be given the option to choose a European Tour from either of the following three (3) options:
The Main Prize Includes:
- A flight voucher with 1000 Mile Travel Group Pty Ltd valued at $5,000 AUD, flying from the Main Prize Winner’s nearest capital city; and
- One (1) $1,000 EUR-denominated Prepaid Travelex Money Card for the Main Prize Winner only (for the avoidance of doubt, the person accompanying the Main Prize Winner is not entitled to this Prepaid Travelex Money Card).
Runner Up Prize
- The next valid Entry drawn (“Runner Up Prize Winner”) will win one (1) Explore Worldwide Travel Voucher valued at AUD$2,000.
The following conditions apply:
a) Additional spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, passports, visas, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Travel insurance is compulsory for the Main Prize Winner and Main Prize Winner’s guest but is not included as part of the Main Prize. The Prize must be booked and taken in 2024 (this means the holiday must be completed and the Main Prize Winner and the Main Prize Winner’s guest must return to their departure point by 31 December 2024) and is subject to booking, regardless of preferred flight availability.
b) Unless otherwise approved by the Promoter, the Main Prize Winner and Main Prize Winner's guest must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Itinerary is subject to change and may be adjusted depending on location, departure city, flight schedule or other factors.
c) The Main Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the Promoter, of Gate 7 and/or Explore Worldwide.
d) Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the flight voucher, Prepaid Travelex Money Card or Explore Worldwide Travel Voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the flight voucher, Prepaid Travelex Money Card or Explore Worldwide Travel Voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the flight voucher, Prepaid Travelex Money Card or Explore Worldwide Travel Voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the flight voucher, Prepaid Travelex Money Card and Explore Worldwide Travel Voucher.
e) Upon collection of the Travelex Money Card, the Main Prize Winner must present two forms of identification in order to comply with Travelex anti-money laundering laws and our internal risk and fraud policies.
f) The Main Prize Winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in. A deposit may be required from the Main Prize Winner at check-in to the hotel and this is not included in the Main Prize.
g) Main Prize Winner and Main Prize Winner's guest are advised to check government travel advice before booking and embarking on any travel and are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations, and other travel documentation (including, without limitation, proof of COVID-19 vaccination in an appropriate form, if required) at their own cost. During the travel, the Main Prize Winner (and Main Prize Winner’s guest) must comply with any mandatory travel requirements, such as wearing face masks during flights, customer service counters and kiosks, airport lounges, gates, and baggage claim areas at both the origin and destination airports.
h) The Main Prize Winner must book the flights directly with 1000 Mile Travel Group Pty Ltd. The Main Prize Winner can choose their preferred airline (excluding any airline appearing on the UK air safety list). The flight voucher is valued at AUD$5,000 and is subject to any additional terms and conditions stated on the voucher. Flight reservations must be made, and tickets issued prior to departure.
i) Flight certificate expiration is as of midnight Eastern Standard Time. Flight voucher must be redeemed, ticket must be issued and the holiday completed by 31 December 2024. Extensions will not be granted under any circumstances.
j) Additional taxes/fees/surcharges/inspection and security fees may apply. PFCs do not apply. Any tax liability or other government-imposed fees are the responsibility of the user.
k) Standard baggage fees apply and are the responsibility of the Main Prize Winner and the Main Prize Winner’s guest.
l) Frequent flyer points will not form part of the Main Prize.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if, for any, reason the Runner Up Prize Winner or the Main Prize Winner (each a “Winner”) does not take their Prize (or an element of the Prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then their Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited. The Promoter reserves the right to award either of the Prizes to a reserve Entrant drawn, if an originally drawn Winner is ineligible. The Winners will not be entitled to a refund or credit note for the travel.
- If a Prize (or part of a Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or part of the Prize) with a Prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total Prize pool is valued at up to AUD/NZD $20,000.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a Prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- A draw for any unclaimed Prizes (“Unclaimed Prizes”) may take place on 17 June 2024 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The first valid Entry drawn and successfully contacted by phone and in writing will win the Unclaimed Prizes. If an Unclaimed Prize winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours, the Promoter will contact the next drawn winner until an Unclaimed Prize winner is determined. The Unclaimed Prize winners, if any, will be notified in writing within 48 hours days of the draw and their names will be published online at https://www.travelex.com.au/ and https://www.travelex.co.nz/ on 24 June 2024.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, pandemic, other events causing disruption to travel or any other kind of disaster or unforeseeable event beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or suspend or modify a Prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- The Prize Winners and, if applicable, Unclaimed Prize winners (collectively, “Winner(s)”) consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome).
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing any website associated with the Promotion is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- As a condition of accepting Prize, the Prize Winners (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, and without limiting any exclusion of liability set out herein, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if a tour or travel activity is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter (f) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or Entrant; (g) use or taking of a Prize or participation in a Prize; or (h) the Promotion or any Prize.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of these Terms and Conditions will be based on the laws of NSW, Australia and the Courts of NSW, Australia will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions becomes or is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under applicable law, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired and such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provisions shall be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and Travelex shall be entitled to replace such severed provisions with such other provisions as it may deem fit.
- The headings to the clauses of these Terms and Conditions shall not be taken into consideration in the interpretation or construction thereof or of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
NSW Authority No. TP/ 01681. Permits: ACT Permit No. TP23/ 02530 & SA Permit No. T23/ 1943.