Travelex's Online Terms and Conditions
Travelex Online Ordering Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, “Business Day” means a day that is not a Saturday, a Sunday or a public holiday or bank holiday in New South Wales.
- Who We Are
The Travelex online ordering facility (the "Service") is provided by Travelex Limited (ABN 36 004 179 953, AFSL 222444), referred to as "Travelex" or “we” or "us" or "our". Our registered office is at: Level 28, 20 Bond Street, Sydney NSW, registered in Australia. You can also contact us at: TravelMoneyOnline@travelex.com.au.
- What these Terms apply to
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the Service when it is used as an online ordering facility for the purchase of:
- foreign currency cash which is to be collected by you;
- foreign currency cash which is to be delivered to you at your residential address (“Home Delivery”);
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the Service when it is used as an online ordering facility for the purchase of:
(in each case, “Online Foreign Currency”); or
- Travelex Money Cards (“Travelex Money Card”).
- By placing an order for Online Foreign Currency or a Travelex Money Card on this website (“Website”), you confirm that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- If you are using the Service to reload an existing Multi-Currency Cash Passport ™, please refer to the online Product Disclosure Statement for the Multi-Currency Cash Passport ™.
- Use of the Service
- The Service is only available to individuals aged 18 years or over and who are resident in and accessing the Service from Australia via the Website. The Service may be used to purchase Online Foreign Currency and Travelex Money Cards for holiday or business travel only and not for speculative, investment or any other purposes.
- Travelex may, in its sole discretion, refuse to provide the Service to any person for any reason. Travelex will not be liable for any cost, loss or damage incurred by you if we refuse to provide the Service to you.
- Placing an Order
- To place an order, you must follow the instructions on the ordering pages of the Website. You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point at which you click on the "Submit Order" button on the “Review” Once you have entered the ordering screen you must complete your order before your session times out otherwise you will have to restart the order process.
- You must provide the requested information for us to process your order. We reserve the right to request further information from you at any time to enable us to complete your order and/or to comply with regulatory requirements. We will use various procedures to authenticate each transaction. By placing an order, you confirm that the details contained in the order are correct in all respects.
- You should place and pay for your order:
- at least 1 Business Day (for collection at an airport location or in respect of a Home Delivery to a metropolitan area) to 3 Business Days (for collection at a non-airport location or in respect of a Home Delivery to a non-metropolitan area) in advance of your expected collection date if you pay by credit card or debit card;
- at least 3 Business Days (for collection at an airport location or in respect of a Home Delivery to a metropolitan area) to 5 Business Days (for collection at a non-airport location or in respect of a Home Delivery to a non-metropolitan area) in advance of your expected collection date if you pay via BPAY;
- Please allow for an extra Business Day if you order after 1:30pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time).
- Order Limits
- All online orders for Online Foreign Currency and Travelex Money Cards are subject to:
- A minimum order value of AUD 100.00 (or foreign currency equivalent) per currency;
- For Online Foreign Currency and Travelex Money Card combined orders, a minimum value of AUD100 for the Travelex Money Card component of the order;
- A minimum order value of AUD 500.00 (or foreign currency equivalent) per order for cash or Travelex Money Card purchases;
- A minimum order value of AUD 100.00 (or foreign currency equivalent) per order for Travelex Money Card reloads;
- An aggregate maximum order value (within a 24 hour period) of AUD5,000.00 (or foreign currency equivalent) per order; and
- An aggregate maximum order value within a 21 calendar day period of AUD20,000.00 (or foreign currency equivalent).
- The limits set out above apply to an order for Online Foreign Currency or Travelex Money Card via the Website only and may be different to the limits imposed when purchasing foreign currency or a Travelex Money Card in a store. These limits are subject to change from time to time at Travelex’s sole discretion.
- Currency availability may be subject to monetary limits, currency exchange and country restrictions in addition to the limits set out in above.
- Order Confirmation
- After you click on the "Pay Now" button on the “Pay” page, you place your order with us and we receive your order, and the system will display a confirmation page setting out the details of your order.
- You cannot change any order you place with us.
- We may, at our sole discretion, accept or reject any order we receive.
- If we receive your order, you offer to acquire the Service under these terms and conditions sought in your order at the time when we have authorised your Visa® or MasterCard® credit/debit card payment or we have received your BPAY® payment for your order and you have satisfied our anti-money laundering requirements, and which offer we may in our discretion accept by sending you a confirmation email relating to your order.
- The title to any Online Foreign Currency you have purchased will transfer to you immediately upon dispatch by us of a confirmation email confirming your order. The title to a Travelex Money Card you have purchased will transfer to you upon collection of the Travelex Money Card.
- We will hold any Online Foreign Currency you have ordered as bailee until you collect your order or in the case of a Home Delivery, until your order has been delivered to you. You accept that where we do not stock the Online Foreign Currency at the time your order is accepted, you authorise us as your agent to procure it for you and hold it until collected by you.
- Please print the confirmation email and have it with you at the time of collection or delivery.
- For orders paid for by credit card or debit card, your card will be debited with the relevant amount once you press “Pay Now” on the “Pay” To protect you against fraud we require the card used to pay for an order to be presented at the time of collection.
- The cardholder of the card and the person placing and collecting the order must be the same person. You must ensure that the card is registered in your name and your account has sufficient funds available to cover your order and any applicable fees. Third party credit or debit card payments are not allowed.
- Orders cannot be paid for by Prepaid Cards, VCARD or VIRTUALMC (or any other virtual card or virtual card number). We only accept payment by a physical credit or debit card that can be presented in person at the time of collection. The physical credit or debit card must display the name of the customer as it appears on the order.
- If you choose BPAY as your payment method, you must make payment within 12 hours of the placement of your order. If you do not pay within this timeframe, we will cancel your order.
- Payments via BPAY must be made from the account of the person obtaining the Service and submitting the order on the Website and not from a third party bank account.
- You must use a bank account with sufficient funds available to cover your order and any applicable fees.
- Collection and Delivery
- The dates on which your cash is available for collection or Home Delivery (“Collection Date”) are highlighted during the ordering process (“Collection Period”). You must choose one of the highlighted days that the selected store is open for business as your nominated Collection Date.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to meet your nominated Collection Date, but we will not be liable for failing to do so.
- We may change the Collection Period from time to time at our sole discretion.
- You may change the Collection Date (but not in respect of a Home Delivery) provided that you contact us at least 4 Business Days prior to your nominated Collection Date. The new Collection Date must fall within the Collection Period.
- When you place an order for the collection of Online Foreign Currency by you, you must select a collection location from the stores listed on the Website (“Collection Location’). You cannot change the Collection Location after the order has been submitted.
- When you place an order for a Home Delivery, you must specify as your delivery address, the residential address listed on your current Australian Driver’s Licence (“Delivery Location’). You cannot change the Delivery Location after the order has been submitted.
- Orders can be collected by the person who made the order from the Collection Location set out in the confirmation email during branch opening hours. Please check the Website for opening hours and allow sufficient time to make your collection before departing. We reserve the right to change the Collection Location and/or collection time by notifying you prior to the collection date if we are unable to fulfil your order from your nominated Collection Location or by your nominated collection date/time.
- Orders will be delivered to the Delivery Location between the hours of 7am and 12pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time). If you miss your delivery, your order will be dispatched to a nearby post office and kept for collection by you for up to 7 days.
- At the time of collection you must produce the following:
- If you paid by credit or debit card, the card with which the order was paid for; and
- A print out of your confirmation email or your order reference number; and
- the form of identification (original only) that you entered at time of purchase: current Passport or current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- At the time of Home Delivery (or when you attend the nearest post office to collect your Online Foreign Currency pursuant to clause 8(h)), you must produce the form of identification (original only) that you entered at time of purchase, being your current Australian Driver’s Licence. Details of your current Australian Driver’s Licence will be recorded at the time of delivery.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Online Foreign Currency can only be released to you and will not be released to any third party. If you do not produce your identification in accordance with the above, or if the identification produced does not exactly match the details you provided at the time of purchase, you will not be able to receive your order.
- The name on the credit or debit card you used to pay for the order must match the name on the identification presented at the time of collection. We will not release your order if the card used to pay for the order is not presented or if payment has been made by a cardholder who is not the person placing and collecting the order.
- You will be required to sign for your order at the time you collect it.
- In order to comply with our anti-money laundering and other legal obligations and our internal risk and fraud policies, you may be requested to provide further information and identification documents (such as proof of residential address) and take a copy of your identification documents and other documents at the time of collection.
The above requirements are in place to enable us to comply with laws and regulatory requirements and to help to protect you against fraud.
- Currencies and Denominations
- The Service is only available for the currencies listed from time to time on the ordering pages of the Website. These currencies are subject to change from time to time at Travelex's sole discretion.
- You cannot select your preferred currency denominations on the Website. The amount of currency ordered will be rounded to the nearest banknote denomination for the relevant currency as determined by Travelex.
- Exchange Rates
The exchange rates quoted on the Website are subject to change. We will use the exchange rate at the time we receive your order. The exchange rate applicable to your transaction is the rate set out in your confirmation email.
- Fees and Charges
- Total Amount: The total sum payable by you for your order will be shown on the “Pay”
- Commission: If you use the Service via this Website to purchase Online Foreign Currency or Travelex Money Card, you will not be charged a commission.
- Debit or Credit Card fees: Payment by card will incur a non-refundable card surcharge of 0.77% for Debit MasterCard, 0.94% for Credit MasterCard, 0.72% for Visa Debit and 1% for Visa Credit of the total order value. This will be shown within your order summary on the “Pay” page on selection of the payment option.
- Card issuer/Bank Fees: If you choose to pay by Debit or Credit Card, your card issuer/bank may charge an additional cash advance fee. We have no control over and are not liable for such fees.
- Variation: We reserve the right to change any fee or commission set out in this clause 11 or add a new fee or commission at any time.
- Home Delivery: A flat fee of $10 will be charged for Home Delivery orders below AUD$1,000 or foreign currency equivalent.
- Order Cancellation
- You may not reverse or “cancel” an order for Online Foreign Currency once you have made payment for your order.
- If you wish to reverse your Online Foreign Currency transaction, you will need to attend a Travelex store to sell your Online Foreign Currency to Travelex at Travelex’s applicable buy rate of the day which may be more or less favourable than the rate at which you originally purchased the Online Foreign Currency. Any commission or GST that you paid on the original order will not be refunded..
- You may cancel a Travelex Money Card initial purchase at any time prior to collection.
- To cancel an order for a Travelex Money Card you must notify us by contacting our Customer Service Centre either by phone on 1800 440 039 (if overseas, please call +61 2 9696 9385) or by email to TravelMoneyOnline@travelex.com.au. Operating hours are Monday-Friday 7am-7pm; and Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time). You will need to provide your details and your order reference number.
- Your Travelex Money Card order will be refunded to your card less the card surcharge of 0.89%. Travelex does not refund cash advance charges charged by your card issuer.
- Please note that, as refund processing is subject to your card issuer’s timeframes, it may take up to 10 Business Days after we receive your cancellation request for a credit/debit card refund to be processed and available in your account.
- Due to security reasons and to protect you from fraud, credit/debit card refunds can only be made to the card from which the payment originated.
- Your Travelex Money Card order will be refunded by returning the original BPAY payment to your bank account.
- Please note that, due to the banking system, it may take up to 10 Business Days after we receive your cancellation request for the refund to reach your bank account.
- Due to security reasons and to protect you from fraud, BPAY refunds can only be made to the account from which the payment originated
- You cannot cancel reloads of Travelex Money Cards that have been completed via the Service. See the Travelex Money Card Product Disclosure Statement and Terms and Conditions (“TCM PDS”) for details.
- Uncollected Orders
- Should you fail to collect your order from the Collection Location within 72 hours after your nominated collection date (including by failing to satisfy our requirements under clause 8), your order will be marked as “Uncollected” and we will contact you to arrange an alternative collection date. In the event that we are unable to contact you within 90 days of the date that our contract was formed and you have not collected, cancelled or proceeded to reverse your transaction (as applicable) in accordance with these terms and conditions then the funds held by us at that time will be treated as unclaimed moneys.
- The provisions of this clause do not affect your statutory rights.
- Travelex Money Card Product Disclosure Statement and Terms and Conditions
- If you purchase a Travelex Money Card via the Service, in addition to these terms and conditions, you must read and agree to the TCM PDS.
- Travelex Money Cards are subject to the TCM PDS and by submitting an order via the Service for the Travelex Money Card you acknowledge that you have received the TCM PDS and have read, agreed to and will be bound by the relevant terms and conditions as set out in the TCM
- By ordering a Travelex Money Cards from us via the Service you agree to receive the TCM PDS and Travelex’s Financial Services Guide online.
- Where there is any inconsistency between these Online Ordering Terms and Conditions and the terms of the TCM PDS, these Online Ordering Terms and Conditions shall prevail to the extent of any inconsistency in regard to the purchase of a Travelex Money Cards using the Service.
- Personal Information and Security
- All credit and debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment your order will not be accepted.
- Limiting Our Liability
- We use reasonable care and skill in providing the Service. However, we shall not be liable to you for the following:
- if we are unable to perform any of our obligations to you due to failure of any technical systems or for any other reasons beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to war, terrorism, government action, natural disaster, and industrial dispute;
- for any damage to your computer equipment or other facilities as a result of using the Website or the Service;
- for any monetary limits, currency exchange restrictions, country restrictions or any other restrictions or limits outside of Travelex’s reasonable control (including but not limited to any prohibitions on bringing currencies into a country); and
- for any indirect, or consequential losses, claims or damages (including without limitation loss of profit, loss of production, loss of contracts or loss of opportunity) suffered by you or incurred from your use of this Website or the Service however caused.
- Our maximum liability to you in respect of each use of Service for the purchase of Online Foreign Currency or Travelex Money Cards shall be to refund the purchase price of that order.
- The disclaimers and limitations of liability in these terms shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Travelex or any of its employees or agents or for fraud.
- If any provisions of these terms including these disclaimers and limitations shall be unlawful or unenforceable then such provisions shall fall away and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Under Australian laws we are prohibited from dealing with sanctioned individuals or entities. If it appears that you are a sanctioned person, or are acting on behalf of a sanctioned person or entity, we may be required to suspend or stop providing the Service to you. We may also be required to freeze any transactions with you and freeze any assets of yours which we hold.
In addition, Travelex does not accept identification from certain countries due to various local and international sanction regulations affecting those countries.
These processes may cause a substantial delay in providing the Service to you or may prevent us from providing the Service to you.
You must indemnify us from and against all claims, liabilities, damage, suits and losses, made against or suffered by us as a direct result of:
- any fraudulent, wilful or negligent act or omission of yours which causes us to be in breach of applicable laws or regulations, or otherwise causes us to incur losses, costs, damages or claims;
- any breach of these terms and conditions by you; or
- personal injury or death, or property damage caused or contributed to by you.
- Alteration Of Terms
We may, at any time, with immediate effect, in respect of future orders, change or withdraw the Website, the Service and these terms without liability to you. If we revise these terms, we will post the revised version on the Website. By using the Service or Website or placing orders via the Service after we have changed these terms, you will be accepting the changes.
- Third Party Rights
When you place an order for Online Foreign Currency via the Service and we receive your payment for the order and accept your offer to enter into the contract for the related Service, we are entering a contract with you personally. Nothing in these terms will confer any benefit on any third party or any right to enforce these terms, on any third party.
- Law And Jurisdiction
Our relationship shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws in the State of New South Wales. Any dispute, which cannot be resolved between us, shall be resolved in the courts of New South Wales.
- Complaints and Compliance
- If you have any comments or complaints in respect of our services, please contact the Retail Customer Service Centre on 1800 440 039, (7am – 7pm Monday – Friday and 9am – 5pm Saturday and Sunday, Australian Eastern Standard Time) or at TravelMoneyOnline@travelex.com.au
- You must comply with all laws and regulations binding on you, including complying with all obligations under, and not breaching, the anti-money laundering legislation or any other applicable laws.