Travel Money Card
Get our best rates on the award winning Travel Money Card
Delivered direct to your home
Manage your card with our app or top-up online
The award winning Travelex Money Card is a safe & convenient way to carry your money overseas:
- Have your card delivered contact-free to you home
- Manage your currencies anywhere with our Travel Money App
- Easy top up with up to 10 available currencies
- Get our best rates when you buy online
NO overseas ATM withdrawal fees1
Highly competitive exchange rates
NO fees when you buy online
Secure and 24/7 assistance
1800 440 039
Free Wifi access at millions of locations2
Shop at millions of outlets wherever Mastercard is accepted
Exclusive discounts with Mastercard PricelessTM Cities + Travelex Platinum benefits
5☆ outstanding value award winning travel money card
Order your card
Order your Travelex Money Card online or in your local Travelex store
Delivered within 1 to 3 days
Simply activate your card online and retrieve your PIN. No activation required when purchased in store
Manage and check your balance online and on your mobile
NO fees online
Withdraw daily up to AU$3,000 (or currency equivalent)
Maximum Card limit of AU$100,000
Free initial and replacement card
AU$, US$, EU€, GB£, NZ$, TH฿, CA$, HK$, JP¥, SG$.
*The currencies available may vary from time to time. Before you make a decision to acquire the card, please check with the Distribution Outlet or on www.travelex.com.au for details.
- Charged at the time of purchase / Distribution Outlet top up. This fee is set and charged by the agent from which you purchased the card
For loads into AUD:
The greater of 1.1% of the initial load / top up amount or AU$15.00. For example, for an agent charging a 1.1% initial load fee, if you purchase a Travelex Money Card and load AU$1,000, you would be charged.
(AU$1000 x 1.1% = AU$11), unless a minimum fee of AU$15 applies.
For loads and top ups into all other currencies: FREE
1% of the top up amount.
For example, a reload of AU$500 attracts a fee of 1% (AU$500 x 1% = AU$5) which will be deducted from your reload. The amount of your reload will therefore be AU$495.
FREE** some ATM operators may charge their own fee or set their own limits.
- For example: If you have AU$ funds on your card and withdraw AU$500 from an ATM in Australia it will attract a fee of AU$14.75 (AU$500x2.95%). This will be charged at the time of withdrawal.
- Should you have insufficient funds in AU$ currency, we will convert the equivalent sum of the withdrawal and our domestic ATM withdrawal fee from your card fund to complete the transaction, and in addition you will also be charged the Currency Conversion Fee as set out below. Should you only have foreign currency (i.e. a currency other than AU$) available on your card, you will only be charged the Currency Conversion Fee.
- Charged at the start of each month if you have not made any transactions on the card in the previous 12 months
- Unless your card is used again, or reloaded, this fee applies each month until the card is closed or the remaining card balance is less than the inactivity fee.
AU$4.00 per month
- Charged when you close your card or withdraw from your Card Fund. This fee is set and charged by Mastercard Prepaid.
- This is applied when you move your funds from one currency to another currency.
At the then applicable retail foreign exchange rate determined by us. We will notify you of the rate that will apply at the time you allocate your funds from one currency to another.
- Applied when a purchase or ATM withdrawal is conducted in a currency either not loaded or sufficient to complete the transaction and the cost is allocated against the currency/ies used to fund the transaction.
Mastercard® rate (“FX Rate”) plus a margin of 5.95% of the transaction value. The Mastercard rate is the exchange rate determined by Mastercard to be their wholesale rate or the government mandated rate in effect in the day the transaction is processed by Mastercard.
AU$1.34. Before the foreign exchange margin applies, this would equate to AU$67.00 (BRL50.00 x 1.34). After the foreign exchange margin of AU$3.99 is applied (AU$67.00 x 5.95%), this would equate to AU$70.99 (AU$67.00 + AU$3.99). Where you do not have a balance in the currency of the transaction, your Card Fund will be debited according to the default order of priority, which is as follows: AU$, US$, EU€, GB£, NZ$, TH฿, CA$, HK$, JP¥, SG$. In addition, we will debit the balance of each Currency in this order until the relevant transaction amount has been satisfied.
For example, suppose a purchase is made using your Card overseas for US$150.00, and you have the following Card Fund balances US$50, AU$0, EU€60, CA$100, then the following application of funds will take place:
Please refer to clause 10 of the Terms and Conditions for further details of how these margins apply.
|CURRENCY BALANCE BEFORE TRANSACTION||AMOUNT TO DEBIT FROM CARD FUND||RUNNING PURCHASE BALANCE||FX Rate excl. margin||FX Rate excl. margin 5.59%||Currency balance after transaction|
|US$ 50.00||US$ -50.00||US$ 100.00||-||-||US$ 0.00|
|AU$ 0.00||AU$ 0.00||US$ 100.00||-||-||AU$ 0.00|
|EU€ 60.00||EU€ -60.00||US$ 18.15||US$ 1 : 0.6919 EU€||US$ 1 : 0.7331 EU€||EU€ 0.00|
|CA$ 100.00||CA$ -18.88||US$ 0.00||US$ 1 : 0.9815 CA$||US$ 1 : 1.0399 CA$||CA$ 81.12|
Important information about allocation of funds across different currencies “currency to currency foreign exchange rate”:
If you allocate funds from one currency to another currency, or where we do so in accordance with the Terms and Conditions a foreign exchange conversion applies at the then applicable retail foreign exchange rate determined by us. We will notify you of the rate that will apply at the time you allocate your funds from one currency to another. Example of currency to currency foreign exchange rate for an allocation of funds to US$ from AU$: Suppose you wish to allocate AU$500 to US$ and the prevailing exchange rate, set by us, is AU$1 = US$1.09. This would equate to US$545.00 (AU$500 x 1.09). Please refer to clause 10 of the Terms and Conditions for full details of how these margins apply.
AU$, US$, EU€, GB£, NZ$, TH฿, CA$, HK$, JP¥, SG$.
*The Currencies available may vary from time to time. Before you make a decision to acquire the Card, please check with the Distribution Outlet or on www.travelex.com.au for details
AU$100 or currency equivalent
AU$100,000 or currency equivalent
AU$3,000 or currency equivalent
AU$15,000 or currency equivalent
Other Important Information
Please read the following information about your Travelex Money Card carefully:
- Your Travelex Money Card does not generate any interest or any other similar return. You do not earn interest on the amount standing to the credit of the Travelex Money Card Fund accessed by the card.
- Although the issuer of the card is an authorised deposit-taking institution in Australia, the Card is not a deposit account with the Issuer.
Important Information about Fees & Limits for loads/top ups made online:
- If you are making a purchase or topping up the Card online via www.travelex.com.au (i) the initial load and top up fee may differ to (but not be greater than) those contained in the “Fees and Limits Table” of this Product Disclosure Statement; and (ii) the limits may differ to those contained in the “Fees and Limits Table” of this Product Disclosure Statement. Travelex may also charge a card surcharge if you pay with a credit or debit card. Please refer to the relevant online terms and conditions available at www.travelex.com.au for details of the applicable fees and limits.
- AU$ cannot be loaded or topped up onto a card online via www.travelex.com.au