Terms and Conditions Win $5000 AUD Cash Promotion
1. The Promoter of the Travelex Limited Win $5000 AUD Cash Promotion is Travelex Limited (ABN 36 004 179 953) of Level 28, 20 Bond St, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia. Telephone: (02) 9696 9000.
2. Information on how to enter the Promotion and the Prize form part of these “Terms and Conditions”. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be invalid. Participation in this Promotion is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Promotion commences at 12.01am Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) on 5th May 2016 and final entries close at 11.59pm Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (“AEDST”) on 31st December 2016 (“Promotional Period”).
4. Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over (“Eligible Entrants”).
5. These Terms and Conditions are based on Australian laws only and there will be no consideration of the law in the Entrant’s usual place of residence. Employees of the Promoter or Travelex Financial Services NZ Limited, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with this Promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter the Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
HOW TO ENTER
6. To be eligible to enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrant s must fully complete the Entry Form in store during the Promotion al Period and submit this to a Sales Consultant at Participating Stores. Otherwise Eligible Entrant s can also enter via the Online Entry Form hosted on a handheld tablet held by a Customer Service Expert (at certain Participating Airport Stores), or by completing and submitting the online form available at www.travelex.com.au and www.travelex.co.nz.
7. To enter the Promotion, Online Entrant s must fully complete the Online Entry Form (located on the above-mentioned Travelex AU Website and Travelex NZ Website and in Participating Stores), including their full name, address, phone number and email address and any additional information as required by the Promoter, and submit the fully completed entry form to the Promoter so it is received during the Promotion al Period.
8. Eligible Entrant s may enter the Draw only once.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion). Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
11. Entries that, at Promoter’s absolute discretion, are incomplete, defaced, damaged or incomprehensible will be deemed invalid.
12. All valid entries (Entry Forms and Online Entry Forms) received from Eligible Entrant during the Promotion al Period will be entered into the Promotion Draw (“Draw”).
13. The Draw will take place at 16:00pm AEDST at Travelex Office, Level 28, 20 Bond Street Sydney 2000 on 4th January 2017. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant is drawn.
14. The first valid entry Drawn will win that Eligible Entrant (“Winner”) the Prize of $5,000 AUD CASH (“Prize”).
15. The Winner will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) business days of the Draw and their name and postcode (if applicable) will be published online at the Travelex AU Website and Travelex NZ Website from 7th January 2017, and on the Travelex Australia Social Media pages.
16. In the event that the Winner cannot be contacted, and the Prize remains unclaimed by close of business on 31st January 2017, the Promoter may conduct an unclaimed Prize Draw at the same time and place as the original Draw on 31st January 2017 to award the Prize, subject to any written directions from any relevant regulatory authority. The winner, if any, will be notified by telephone and in writing by email within two (2) business days of the Draw, and their name and postcode (if applicable) will be published online at the Travelex AU Website and Travelex NZ Website from 6th February 2017.
17. The Prize is AUD $5,000 cash prize. This can be payable to the Winner in the equivalent value of the currency of the Winner’s choice. The Winner can choose from 61 available currencies subject to availability.
18. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
19. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand or any other country (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion ; including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the Winner or Eligible Entrant or (f) taking and/or use of a Prize.
20. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Eligible Entrant ; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion , as appropriate.
21. Any cost associated with accessing the website(s) related to this Promotion is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Eligible Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Eligible Entrant invalid.
22. If for any reason a Winner does not take a Prize at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize will be forfeited.
23. As a condition of accepting a Prize, the Winner (and their companions) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter / Prize supplier / organisers in their absolute discretion including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. If for whatever reason the Winner does not agree to sign such documentation, then he or she will forfeit the Prize. In the event a Winner’s companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
24. Liability for any tax arising out of participation in this Promotion (including acceptance of a Prize) is the sole responsibility of the Entrant. Entrant s should seek independent financial advice in this regard.
25. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax consequences to an Eligible Entrant for accepting a Prize included in this Promotion.
27. The Winner will be required to comply with the Promoter’s anti-money laundering and countering terrorism financing procedures.
These will require the Winner to provide the Promoter with a certified copy of any one of the following forms of current photographic identificationbefore the Promoter deposits the Prize into the Winner’s bank account:
- Photographic Driving Licence
- Australian Proof of Age with Photo(for Australian residents)
- National Identification Card fromany foreign country
The photographic identification of the Winner could be certified as a true copy of original document by any authorised individual listed on Department of Attorney General website for Australian residents.
The Winner will also be required to complete an application form so that the Promoter has all mandatory data required to complete all applicable regulatory checks including but not limited to AML and CTF checks.
28. Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. All Prizes which are a monetary amount will be paid within 28 business days of being won, by means of a crossed cheque payable to the Winner in Australian Dollars, or if the Winner so requests, by means of electronic transfer of funds to any nominated account.
30. By entering the Promotion, the Winner agrees to the use of their name in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
31. Eligible Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
NSW Permit No.