TRAVELEX “WIN A $10,000 AUD HOLIDAY” PROMOTION
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter “Win a $10,000 AUD holiday” Travelex Limited (ABN 36 004 179 953) of
Level 28, 20 Bond St, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia (“Promoter”).
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any
entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid. Participation in this
promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promotion commences at 12.01am Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time
(“AEDST”) on 15th November 2017 and final entries close at 5.00pm Australian Eastern
Daylight Savings Time (“AEDST”) on 31st January 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
- There will be two (2) components to this Promotion as follows: (1) a consumer component
(“Consumer Component”); and (2) a trade component (“Trade Component”).
- Entry into the Consumer Component is only open to Australian and New Zealand
residents who satisfy the conditions of entry contained herein (“Eligible Entrant”).
- The Promoter reserves the right to determine who is an Eligible Entrant at its sole
discretion and does not guarantee eligibility of any applicant for this Promotion.
- Employees of the Promoter or Travelex Financial Services NZ Limited and their
immediate families are ineligible to enter the Consumer Component.. Entry into the Trade
Component is open to employees of the Promoter and Travelex Financial Services NZ
Limited who are employed at a Participating Store (defined below) as at 1st September 2017
- A “Participating Store” is defined as any Travelex retail store in Australia or New
- The Consumer winners and Trade winner (together referred to as “Winners”) will each
receive a voucher from the Promoter that can be used at the travel agency Helloworld Travel
for differing values per the table below, according to purchase location and conditions (the
“Prize”). All valid entries received from the Eligible Entrant during the Promotional Period will
be entered into the Promotion Draw (“Draw”). The Prize will be drawn at 12.00pm AEDST
on Friday 2nd February 2018 at Anisimoff Legal/Simply Co, 5/210 Central Coast Hwy, Erina
NSW 2250, +61 2 4331 0400. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record
them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The first valid entry
drawn of an Eligible Entrant (“Consumer Winner”) of the Draw will win the Prize in each
respective category of Participating Store or online website allocation. The winner will be
notified (as per clause 18) by telephone, in writing by email and published on our websites.
$10,000 AUD Holiday Voucher issued by
Helloworld Travel (equal value of NZD)
Consumer winner of a Participating Store
$10,000 AUD Holiday Voucher issued by
Helloworld Travel (equal value of NZD)
Consumer winner from the Promoter’s online
sites in Australia and New Zealand
$5,000 AUD Lump Sum Bonus Payment (or
the equivalent value in NZD)
Trade winner of a Participating Store
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be
redeemed for cash. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute the
prize or any portion of the prize with an alternative prize of equivalent value without notice.
HOW TO ENTER
- To be eligible to enter the Consumer Component draw, Eligible Entrants must complete
the below criteria:
- a) Use AUD/NZD to purchase the minimum amount of foreign currency at in-store or
online at www.travelex.com.au or www.travelex.co.nz, or load a Travelex Money
Card with the minimum amount detailed in the table below (the “Transaction”) ;
- b) If purchasing in-person at a Participating Stores you will be automatically entered into
the Promotion, but must subsequently complete step (c) to validate the entry. If you
have purchased currency online at www.travelex.com.au or www.travelex.co.nz, you
will be given the option to opt-in to confirm your entry into the Promotion;
- c) If you have made a currency purchase in-person at a Participating Store, Eligible
Entrants must complete the online Promotion entry form within the Promotional
Period to validate the entry and submit details including name, address, phone
number and email address and Transaction receipt details;
- d) Retain the original Transaction receipt or online confirmation of purchase as proof.
- Eligible Entrants will be allocated an entry into the Draw based on the amount
spent/exchanged in their Transaction.
- The spend value excludes commission and any other fees/surcharges levied by the
Promoter. Multiple entries will be allocated according to the values and conditions specified
- Australian residents must complete Transactions via www.travelex.com.au. New Zealand
residents must complete Transactions via www.travelex.co.nz.
AUD$ - Australian Store
Locations or Online
NZD$ - New Zealand Store Locations or
1 Spend $500-1000 (/ purchase of
foreign currency equivalent).
Minimum eligible spend $500
Spend $550-1100 (/purchase foreign
Minimum eligible spend $550
2 $1000-1500 $1100-1650
3 $1500-2000 $1650-2200
4 $2000-2500 $2200-2750
5 $2500+ $2750+
- A maximum of 5 entries will be allocated to any single Transaction.
PROOF OF PURCHASE
- All Eligible Consumers must retain the original receipt or email confirmation for validation
of their Transaction to claim a prize if they are selected as a Winner.
Failure to produce proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute
discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an Eligible Consumer’s entries into
the Draw and forfeiture of any right to the Prize.
- The Consumer Winner will be notified by telephone and in writing by email within two (2)
business days of the draw by email & phone and their name and suburb & country will be
published online at www.travelex.com.au or www.travelex.co.nz from 6th February 2018.
- In the event that the Consumer Winner cannot be contacted, and the prize remains
unclaimed by close of business on Friday 6th April 2018, the Promoter may conduct an
unclaimed prize draw at the same time and place as the original Draw on Monday 9th April
2018 to award the prize, subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority. This
unclaimed prize draw winner will be notified (as per clause 18) on the Wednesday 11th April
2018 by telephone, in writing and published on our websites as the original Consumer
THE TRADE WINNER DRAW
- If the Consumer Winner’s Transaction was processed at a Participating Store, the Trade
Winner will be the Eligible Employee who processed the Consumer Winner’s winning
Transaction (as per the Transaction records). This is the Trade Component (“Trade
Winner”). There is no “Trade winner” for online transactions conducted on either
www.travelex.com.au or www.travelex.co.nz.
- The Trade Winner will be notified by telephone and in writing by email within two (2)
business days of the draw and their name and postcode (if applicable) will be published
online at www.travelex.com.au or www.travelex.co.nz from 6th February 2018. Trade Winner
agrees that their image may also appear on www.travelex.com.au or www.travelex.co.nz,
and/or any other website as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- In the event that the Trade Winner cannot be contacted, and the prize remains
unclaimed by close of business on 6th April 2018, the Promoter may conduct an unclaimed
prize draw to award the prize.
- Eligible Entrants may enter the Draw as many times as they like provided a separate
entry form is completed in respect to each separate eligible Transaction.
- Eligible Entrants and Eligible Employees (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and
place of residence and an Eligible Employee’s identity, age and place of employment)
- If for any reason, the Promoter is unable to run this promotion as planned, including
as a result of tampering, infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorised intervention,
fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter that
corrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper
conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any person
who tampers with the entry process, and cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this
Promotion without prior notice, subject however to any written directions given under
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either
caused by an Eligible Entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated
with or utilised in this Promotion, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof
that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion including any
omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line, theft of destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, Eligible
Entrants and Eligible Employees (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of
residence and an Eligible Employee’s identity, age and place of employment) and to
disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry or submits an entry that is not in
accordance with these Conditions of Entry. Any form of automated entry using any other
devices or software will be deemed to be invalid.
- The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, incomprehensible or incorrect entries in
this Promotion. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever
which is suffered (including without limitation direct, indirect and consequential loss and
damages) or for personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of entering or trying to
enter this Promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Eligible Entrants and Eligible Employees release and agree to keep the Promoter
indemnified from any claim, cost, demand, tax, liability or damage (including legal costs
on a full indemnity basis) suffered or incurred by the Promoter, its directors, employees,
agents and representatives arising out of entry in this Promotion or any claim by a third
party arising from an act or omission by the Eligible Entrant and Eligible Employees.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales.
ACT: TP 17/02005 SA: T17/1892 NSW: LTPS-17-18399