Travelex is the only
travel money card provider
to be awarded a
5☆ Canstar rating
3 years in a row
2016, 2017 and 2018
Why Travelex Money Card?
Up to 10 Currencies
Top up your travel card with your choice of 10 available currencies: EUR, GBP, NZD, USD, CAD, SGD, JPY, HKD, THB and Australian dollar1
Use your travel card abroad at millions of locations worldwide where Mastercard is accepted
0% commission when you buy online at travelex.com.au
Locked in Rates
Lock in your exchange rate*
Free Wifi access at millions of locations2: Enjoy an on-the-go internet connection without the roaming fees
Receive exclusive discounts and offers with our platinum card benefits
Withdraw travel money from ATMs overseas, knowing that Travelex won’t charge you any ATM fees 3
If your travel card is lost, stolen or damaged, we offer 24/7 Global Assistance to replace it quickly and securely or provide you with emergency cash
How it works
Order your card
Order your Travelex Money card online, over the phone or in your local Travelex store.Buy now
Pick up your card
Pick up your card from any of our Travelex stores.
Register your card online to manage your account with ease.Register
Spend with your card at millions of locations worldwide.
Getting the most out of your card
Widely accepted at millions of locations worldwide, your Travelex Money Card is perfect for:
- Paying for meals at restaurants
- Spending in shops and online
- Paying for drinks and in hotels
- Withdrawing money from an ATM
- Travelling to multiple countries
- Paying for trips out
Things to watch out for
It’s important to remember that there are a few things that your card’s not built for. To get the most out of your card, we recommend that you don’t use it for: reserving a hire car, a hotel room, or on a cruise. For more information, please see the fees and limits.
Help & FAQ
Terms and conditions for the Travelex Money Card can be found here.
To contact us about Travelex Money Card, click here for details.
What are the fees and limits?
The following fees and limits apply. Fees and limits are subject to variation in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Unless otherwise specified, all fees will be debited in AU$ Currency. If there are insufficient funds in AU$ Currency to pay such fees, then we will automatically deduct funds from other Currencies in the following order of priority: AU$, US$, EU€, GB£, NZ$, TH฿, CA$, HK$, JP¥, SG$.
Fees AU$, US$, EU€, GB£, NZ$, TH฿, CA$, HK$, JP¥, SG$.
*The currencies available may vary from time to time. Before you make a decision to acquire the card, please check with the Distribution Outlet or on www.travelex.com.au for details.
Initial card fee and distribution outlet top up fee
• Charged at the time of purchase / Distribution Outlet top up.
This fee is set and charged by the agent from which you purchased the card
For loads into AUD:
The greater of 1.1% of the initial load / top up amount or AU$15.00. For example, for an agent charging a 1.1% initial load fee, if you purchase a Travelex Money Card and load AU$1,000, you would be charged.
(AU$1000 x 1.1% = AU$11), unless a minimum fee of AU$15 applies.
For loads and top ups into all other currencies: FREE
Replacement card fee FREE BPAY® and bank transfer top up fee
(when transaction is booked via www.travelex.com.au)
FREE BPAY® reload fee
(when transaction is not booked via www.travelex.com.au)
1% of the top up amount.
For example, a reload of AU$500 attracts a fee of 1% (AU$500 x 1% = AU$5) which will be deducted from your reload. The amount of your reload will therefore be AU$495.
Additional card fee AU$5.00 International ATM withdrawal and EFTPOS fee (outside Australia) FREE** some ATM operators may charge their own fee or set their own limits. Domestic ATM withdrawal and EFTPOS fee - when you use your card to make a withdrawal or purchase in Australia and you have AU$ currency on your card (for more details refer to clause 9.4 of the Terms and Conditions)
• For example: If you have AU$ funds on your card and withdraw AU$500 from an ATM in Australia it will attract a fee of AU$14.75 (AU$500x2.95%).
• This will be charged at the time of withdrawal. Should you have insufficient funds in AU$ currency, we will convert the equivalent sum of the withdrawal and our domestic ATM withdrawal fee from your card fund to complete the transaction, and in addition you will also be charged the Currency Conversion Fee as set out below. Should you only have foreign currency (i.e. a currency other than AU$) available on your card, you will only be charged the Currency Conversion Fee.
2.95% of the amount withdrawn. Cash over the counter fee (where cash is obtained over the counter) FREE Monthly inactivity fee
• Charged at the start of each month if you have not made any transactions on the card in the previous 12 months
• Unless your card is used again, or reloaded, this fee applies each month until the card is closed or the remaining card balance is less than the inactivity fee.
AU$4.00 per month 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance FREE Closure/withdrawal fee
• Charged when you close your card or withdraw from your Card Fund. This fee is set and charged by Mastercard Prepaid.
AU$10.00 Currency to Currency foreign exchange rate
• This is applied when you move your funds from one currency to another currency.
At the then applicable retail foreign exchange rate determined by us. We will notify you of the rate that will apply at the time you allocate your funds from one currency to another. Currency Conversion Fee
• Applied when a purchase or ATM withdrawal is conducted in a currency either not loaded or sufficient to complete the transaction and the cost is allocated against the currency/ies used to fund the transaction.
Mastercard® rate (“FX Rate”) plus a margin of 5.95% of the transaction value. The Mastercard rate is the exchange rate determined by Mastercard to be their wholesale rate or the government mandated rate in effect in the day the transaction is processed by Mastercard. Important information about different transactions
A foreign exchange margin applies to the transaction amount if the card is used for withdrawals in any currency other than a currency available on the card. The applicable margin applied to the transaction amount is 5.95%.
Example of Foreign Exchange Margin for a card loaded with AU$ only:
Suppose you make a withdrawal from an ATM outside Australia (in Brazil) for Brazilian Real BRL50.00 and the prevailing exchange rate, set by Mastercard, is BRL1.00 =
AU$1.34. Before the foreign exchange margin applies, this would equate to AU$67.00 (BRL50.00 x 1.34). After the foreign exchange margin of AU$3.99 is applied (AU$67.00 x 5.95%), this would equate to AU$70.99 (AU$67.00 + AU$3.99). Where you do not have a balance in the currency of the transaction, your Card Fund will be debited according to the default order of priority, which is as follows: AU$, US$, EU€, GB£, NZ$, TH฿, CA$, HK$, JP¥, SG$. In addition, we will debit the balance of each Currency in this order until the relevant transaction amount has been satisfied.
For example, suppose a purchase is made using your Card overseas for US$150.00, and you have the following Card Fund balances US$50, AU$0, EU€60, CA$100, then the following application of funds will take place:
Please refer to clause 10 of the Terms and Conditions for further details of how these margins apply.
Currency balance before transaction Amount to debit from Card Fund Running Purchase balance FX Rate excl. margin FX Rate excl. margin 5.59% Currency balance after transaction US$ 50.00 US$ -50.00 US$ 100.00 - - US$ 0.00 AU$ 0.00 AU$ 0.00 US$ 100.00 - - AU$ 0.00 EU€ 60.00 EU€ -60.00 US$ 18.15 US$ 1 :
US$ 1 :
EU€ 0.00 CA$ 100.00 CA$ -18.88 US$ 0.00 US$ 1 :
US$ 1 :
Important information about allocation of funds across different currencies “currency to currency foreign exchange rate”:
If you allocate funds from one currency to another currency, or where we do so in accordance with the Terms and Conditions a foreign exchange conversion applies at the then applicable retail foreign exchange rate determined by us. We will notify you of the rate that will apply at the time you allocate your funds from one currency to another. Example of currency to currency foreign exchange rate for an allocation of funds to US$ from AU$: Suppose you wish to allocate AU$500 to US$ and the prevailing exchange rate, set by us, is AU$1 = US$1.09. This would equate to US$545.00 (AU$500 x 1.09). Please refer to clause 10 of the Terms and Conditions for full details of how these margins apply.
Limits AU$, US$, EU€, GB£, NZ$, TH฿, CA$, HK$, JP¥, SG$.
*The Currencies available may vary from time to time. Before you make a decision to acquire the Card, please check with the Distribution Outlet or on www.travelex.com.au for details
Maximum number of cards you may hold in your name at any one time (not including the linked additional card provided to you if required at the time of purchase) One Minimum amount you can load/top up on your card per load/top up AU$100 or currency equivalent Maximum amount you can load/top up on your card per load/top up AU$100,000 or currency equivalent Maximum bank transfer or BPAY® top up amount per day AU$25,000 Maximum balance allowed across all currencies during any 12 month period AU$100,000 Cash over the counter limit in any 24 hour period AU$350 Maximum you can withdraw from ATMs in any 24 hour period (some ATM operators may set their own withdrawal limits which may be lower than this limit) AU$3,000 or currency equivalent Maximum you can withdraw from ATMs in any 24 hour period (some ATM operators may set their own withdrawal limits which may be lower than this limit) AU$3,000 or currency equivalent Maximum value of EFTPOS transactions during any 24 hour period AU$15,000 or currency equivalent Maximum balance allowed at any one time across all currencies AU$100,000
Other Important Information
Please read the following information about your Travelex Money Card carefully:
• Your Travelex Money Card does not generate any interest or any other similar return. You do not earn interest on the amount standing to the credit of the Travelex Money Card Fund accessed by the card.
• Although the issuer of the card is an authorised deposit-taking institution in Australia, the Card is not a deposit account with the Issuer.
Important Information about Fees & Limits for loads/top ups made online:
• If you are making a purchase or topping up the Card online via www.travelex.com.au (i) the initial load and top up fee may differ to (but not be greater than) those contained in the “Fees and Limits Table” of this Product Disclosure Statement; and (ii) the limits may differ to those contained in the “Fees and Limits Table” of this Product Disclosure Statement. Travelex may also charge a card surcharge if you pay with a credit or debit card. Please refer to the relevant online terms and conditions available at www.travelex.com.au for details of the applicable fees and limits.
• AU$ cannot be loaded or topped up onto a card online via www.travelex.com.au
What do I do if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
If your travel card is damaged, lost, stolen or misused, please contact Card Services immediately.
If you requested an additional backup prepaid card, you can continue accessing and spending your funds with no delay.
If you don’t have a backup card, don’t worry; a replacement travel card can be organised for you. Alternatively, we can arrange for emergency cash in the local currency (up to the value remaining on the card and subject to availability), anywhere in the world, normally within 20 minutes (in some remote locations this could take up to 24 hours). Call Card Services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can find contact numbers here.
Is the prepaid card contactless?
Travelex Money Card is Mastercard contactless enabled. Mastercard contactless is the faster way to pay for purchases of under AUD 100. No signature or PIN is required. Just tap your card against the reader and go. For more information, please click here.
Please note, transaction limits are subject to change and different transaction limits will apply in different countries.
What are the platinum benefits?
To find out all about the Platinum Benefits of the Travelex Money Card, click here.
What do I do if I am already an MCP customer?
We’ve replaced the prepaid card that we sell in this country with the enhanced and renamed Travelex Money Card.
If you choose to buy a Travelex Money Card and already have an existing Cash Passport, you will need to transfer the balance on your Cash Passport to the Travelex Money Card within 30 days of the purchase of the Travelex Money Card.
The Travelex Money Card is an enhanced product, with contactless functionality, free Global Wifi hotspots and unique merchant offers. To find out more about the benefits of the Travelex Money Card, visit Travelex.com.au/travel-money-card. It’ll still have the same security, won’t be linked to your bank account and is still Chip and PIN protected.
However, if you do not want to purchase the Travelex Money Card, you can still use your existing Multi-currency Cash Passport. Please note, we are no longer selling Cash Passport.
* Lock in your exchange rates mean the exchange rate is locked in for the initial load only. The exchange rates for subsequent reloads will be set at the prevailing exchange rate at the time of the transaction.
1. The currencies available in respect of Travelex Money Card may vary from time to time and not all currencies may be available at all times. Australian dollars are not available for load or reload onto a Travelex Money Card online. Load or reload up to 10 currencies in store or up to 9 currencies online. Before you make a decision to acquire the Card, please check the available currencies online or by asking in store.
2. Wifi is provided by Boingo hotspots
3. Please be advised that although Travelex do not charge ATM fees, some operators may charge their own fee or set their own limits. Please check with the ATM before using
Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 47 145 452 044, AFSL 386 837) arranges for the issue of the Travelex Money Card in conjunction with the issuer, Heritage Bank Limited (ABN 32 087 652 024, AFSL 240 984) pursuant to license by Mastercard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd. You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement (for the relevant product) available at www.travelex.com.au, before deciding to acquire the product. Any advice does not take into account your personal needs, financial circumstances or objectives and you should consider if it is appropriate for you. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.